Sunday, December 3, 2006

First web promo video!

With the launch of this first promo video:



I'm pretty much kicking off the big launch of the campaign for Ocean Front Property on the web.

I'm excited to be doing this not only because I want to open up Ocean Front to a wider audience, but also because I've been working for several months now on this web launch and it's great to finally see it all come together. There are still a few outlets for finding Ocean Front that are still being worked out, and of course this will be the first place I'll announce it when it happens, but I'm not one for waiting. Obviously. If I was, I'd probably still be waiting to shoot the dang thing.

So, in a sense, the nature of this release is right in keeping with the nature this entire production. :)

On the home page (http://www.oceanfrontmovie.com), there is a listing for Amazon.com, which says "coming soon". The CustomFlix service that appears below it offers sales on Amazon.com, but I've been told it takes up to 2 weeks to get that set up. So, it's a definite thing. Just gotta wait for it to get set up. And there's nothing I can do to speed that up, unfortunately.

Something else I'm doing is working with a couple of online retailers that stream the movie online or offer a "download to own" option where you can download the film and then burn it to a DVD so it'll play like any regular DVD. These services are out there and I'm trying to set it up, and when I do, I'm going to try to get it for as cheap as I possibly can, perhaps to the point where I make nothing at all from the sale, because I think it's only fair if I'm asking someone to buy a movie that they've never heard of, with actors they've never heard of, they should be able to at least see it once for really cheap, instead of being asked to shell out a bunch of money for a DVD.

You might notice I mention that option in the video. That might be a little bit of gun-jumping. But I'll get it out there.

Speaking of DVDs, I am also working on a bigger, full-feature, "deluxe" version with deleted scenes (which even the cast have never seen) outtakes, maybe commentary, etc. I will probably only be able to offer that through PayPal, but we'll see. Again, you'll hear it here first.

Anyway, thanks as always for visiting. Feel free to post comments, questions, "screw yous" below. I'm always open to feedback for this whole experiment of mine.

Peace,

-Joe

No comments: